The probate process typically coincides with a situation involving painful emotional loss. The knowledgeable, meticulous, Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates specialist at the Leuchtman Law eases the stress and complexity of probating your loved one’s estate and guides the fiduciaries and beneficiaries through the complex process.
The Process of Probate
Most personal representatives have rarely, if ever, probated a will and know little about the process.
We can guide you through the complex probate process which includes:
- Filing the will with the appropriate Florida Probate Court
- Developing the best strategy to fairly and expeditiously probate the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the decedent to the beneficiaries of the estate
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts when necessary and appropriate
We have a team of experienced individuals available to assist in every aspect of the probate process.
Even for seemingly straightforward estates, disputes among beneficiaries sometimes arise. We have been successful in working with beneficiaries in resolving such disputes. Professional courtroom presence may calm the emotionally charged process of probating a challenged will or disputed fiduciary issue.
When it is in our client’s best interest to preserve cordial familial relationships, we are adept at mediating disputes. That said, we assertively defend our client’s rights in the courtroom when doing so is necessary.